View Single Post
Old 03-04-08, 11:46 AM   #12
Zantham
中国水兵

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Presumably the salvo will consist of the number of tubes that I have previously opened?
Doing a salvo is a two-step process. In your Attack Map, you first select S or T on the small dial. When you click this dial you will notice the torpedo tube selector dial will change.

On T it shows I II III IV VI at each position, and on the top only one of the green torpedo buttons will be hilighted. When you set the small dial to S then you will notice a minimum of two of those green buttons hilighted, and your torpedo selector dial you will see combinations of tubes, such as I III, II IV, I III IV, i think there is eight selections total, and on top you will see different multiple tube lights light depending on the switch.

In other words when firing a salvo you cannot just click on the green tube lights, you must select the tubes through that larger dial.

You can select up to 4 torps on the IX-D2 and up to 6 on the XVIII for a salvo. Then when you click Fire to shoot the torpedo, the salvo computer will fire the torps from those hilighted tubes.

One caveat here: if you have not opened the torpedo doors, or opened the wrong ones, your solution will be off and likely result in a miss. I specify this because of what you said above, the salvo does NOT depend on what tubes you have opened, it depends on what tubes you selected on the dial on the Attack Map screen.

Also in my experience it seems like you can only have one tube open at a time, even if firing a salvo, which makes the salvo selection useless since your other torps after the 1st are likely to miss since it takes like 10 secs for the door to open...??? I've since switched to a different keyfile and this seems to have solved this problem, the tubes fire in rapid succession like they should.
Zantham is offline   Reply With Quote