Old 08-21-17, 10:48 AM   #8486
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi gap
As a 100% player I agree with you, sober retains this feature surprisingly considering the other radical changes he has made.

The problem here is possibly two fold as I see it.
1. TWOS is based on encouraging players to use real nvaigation and play at a high game playing level ideally 100% as does sober.
2. The vast majority of players play at a much lower level, I would expect a great number also using Auto TDC and possibly much lower game play levels.
Looking at KSD Commander there is a great difference in the numbers between the "Elite Flotilla" (100%) 153 players and "All" 889 players even after taking out the 153 and double player entries.

So it is possible to get into a catch 22 situation if not careful of balancing the game for all players which needs to be respected.
The worst scenario is those at the lower level abandoning TWOS and going back to modding lists because the game has gone beyound their gaming capability.
I for one would certainly not want to see that going back into let's call it the dark ages.
The 3 mega mods on offer to SH5 players at least gives the players choice and reliable gaming of playing the game rather than fixing it.
Peter
Hi THEBERBSTER, I agree that mods and megamods have to take many factors into account, including popularity and support by the widest possible number of players. I take our conversation more as we thinking out loud rather than actually suggesting any TWoS feature introduction/dismissal. It taking place on the TWoS thread is partly accidental and I hope Vecko doesn't mind having to host it

Have a nice evening,
Gabriele
gap is offline   Reply With Quote