View Single Post
Old 09-07-09, 11:06 AM   #104
Distortion
A-ganger

Downloads: 194
Uploads: 0

Yesterday I`v been working the hole day with the numbers. the first target is not a problem, can hit it at 1k-2k-3k yards, slow or fast torpedos with the vector analysis attack. I tought it can`t be that hard to hit the second target, witch course and speed it the same than the first one. But it is very complicated, without turning your own sub. Afcourse, when I turn the periscope away from the 0 dergree point and send the new calculation, its not an vector analysis attack anymore, but who cares. If I know course and speed, it can be that hard? How much degree need I for the second target, what is the lead angle, etc.

I have some calculations, and I think I was very close yesterday. Tonight I will try another round, with new ideas (yes, when in bed new ideas came up) based on those calculations, and see what happens.

I do have a problem with the 3000 yards bearing plotter i use, its not for 1680 X 1050, so its off by 1 degree. And this can be a problem at high distances. Anyone here can help me with that? I`v asked this question also here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132000.

We will continue..., thanks for all the input guys

Robert
Distortion is offline   Reply With Quote