Old 01-05-19, 08:26 AM   #34
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaowl View Post
@gap
Have to agree with oskar123: Great overview, that answers a lot of questions.
The information contained in your posting should be stickied in some way.
Always glad to help, if I can

There is something that I forgot mentioning: at times dat ships are rendered in game totally black . I don't know if this glitch is tied to dat units in general, or to some specific unit but it seems to happen more often with some ships than with others. A good example of dat ships prone to this kind of bug is TWoS/OHII's hospital ship IIRC. Maybe Vecko has managed solving the problem, but the lastt time I had a look into it, textures and materials looked in order.

Quote:
And what a question to ask, if we are interested in enhanced ports and channels?
Let me answer anticipating without hesitation everyone else`s opinion: Of course we are!

Quote:
For my part I`am following the lighthouse threat with great interest and awaiting eagerly every new version of the Ecomod.
In my view these are exactly the things that are lacking at this point in SH5.
New playable subs and many new ships and aircraft would be cool to

Quote:
Meanwhile I have realized, that object editor is only able to place GR2 files.
So I will take the „Ehrenmal“-files in Twos as example and trying it this way round as you proposed…
experimenting a bit.
You can use this other workaround: take any simple terrain object (the German church is perfect for this purpose), duplicate it and rename it however you want, run terrain editor and place it where you want the dat-format lighthouse to be. When you have finished (don't forget to save before you exit TE) MapObjects.ini will be updated with the new location; open that file in notepad, look for the recently added object, and replace its name with the name of the lighthouse. Let me know if it works
gap is offline   Reply With Quote