View Single Post
Old 07-19-17, 09:28 AM   #39
padi
Officer

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Oh, you are talking about the British MkVII. The usage of the same mark numbers for different depth charges by the Americans and by the English, is a bit misleading. British DC's were designeted with roman numbers though, whereas in the States arabic numbers were used instead.

Anyway, I think the official designation for the DC mod you are talking about was MKVII-Heavy, and yes, its lead weight partly protruding from the cylindrical casing, it brong some external differences compared to the 'regular' MkVII:

British depth charge MkVII (right) and MkVII-Heavy (left)

I am a bit busy now, but I will point you to the right information ASAP. Somewhere on my HD, I should have an Excel chart created by me, resuming all the characteristics of the main US/British depth charges and all the possible combinations of DC's, fuzes and detonators
No, I´m talking about the american Mark 7 DC and not the british Mark VII!
As written here http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WAMUS_ASW.php the Mark 7 had at least two modification intervals and because of that I named the second modification interval Mod 2, even if this name is not written, but what should you name it else?
padi is offline   Reply With Quote