Thread: Mission testing
View Single Post
Old 08-11-05, 05:41 PM   #18
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

dang it i wish UBI would release their modeling tools we could knock up a set of Brit subs in no time .i was going to ask if it was possible to play as an allied sub against german shipping thanks Col thats' cleared that up!

heck all we'd need to do would be edit the start point for the german sub bases to british ports as the campaign would still chugg the shipping round as per normal (hence the interest in the cross over from the single missions) there would be no real problems other than the start campaign graphic and map and other german specific detailing...easily changed in time..i'm in the mean time kinda thinking of a campaign in the type II's in the black sea late in the war....al i'd need to do is change the start location for the sub at Bergen and instead of being transfered to there you'd end up in the black sea....or possibly as an alternative in a type 9 at penang....

wonder allso if a player DD could be knocked up....we do have a basic active sonar available....and maybe those bolds could be modded to explode and sink giving crude depth charges....swopping the bridge and external model files for a destroyer might work with some intense scrutiny by the hex editing experts...the interior would look out of place but not completely off putting.....use the damage zones and damage points to render the dive planes/ballast tanks destroyed to prevent diving and perhaps a little bit of fun could be had driving a "DD" against subs..

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote