View Single Post
Old 02-18-19, 07:25 AM   #9175
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Seven MPs have resigned from the Labour Party in protest at Jeremy Corbyn's approach to Brexit and anti-Semitism.

They are: Chuka Umunna, Luciana Berger, Chris Leslie, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes, Gavin Shuker and Ann Coffey.

Mr Corbyn said he was "disappointed" the MPs had felt unable to continue working for the policies that "inspired millions" at the 2017 election.

The MPs are not launching a new political party - they will sit in Parliament as the Independent Group.

But Chuka Umunna said they had "taken the first step" and urged other Labour MPs - and members of other parties - to join them in "building a new politics".

"Politics is broken, it doesn't have to be this way. Let's change it," he said at a launch event in central London.

He said there would be "no merger" with the Liberal Democrats and the group wanted to "build a new alternative".https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47278902
Well I wish them well because 'Politics' is most definitely broken atm and it wouldn't surprise me if more MP's from other parties start jumping ship.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online