Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
View Single Post
Old 11-17-17, 03:56 PM   #47
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Reviving the thread to say that the recent release of Misery 2.2 has brought me back in to it and I'm loving it all over again. It's even more difficult now than it was 3 or 4 years ago when this thread started.

It's not so much the enemies or mutants, though even that is true (silent bloodsuckers for example), but things like armor degradation and cooking. For example I cannot cook my own food because I have yet to find a lighter, which was not one of the requirements in previous versions.

It's just one more challenge to overcome and I like it.

Actually, before installing the new Misery I had been playing around with some other newish mods like Call of Chernobyl which is wonderful for those more interested in living the Stalker life than following a storyline. And frankly many of us have run through the storylines more than once. So the free-play CoC is really cool if you just want to be a Stalker and not worry about 'moving forward'.

The Call of Misery combination of these two mods may ultimately be my sweet spot, but for now I am exploring all of the new features of Misery 2.2 and I'll give it a go once there is a 2.2 version of CoM.

If you've been away from Misery for a while, or Stalker in general, now is a good time for a revisit.