View Single Post
Old 02-17-18, 12:15 AM   #94
fireblade274
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default have win 10 and sh4 issues, figured this was best place

Hi, so this issue first started in sh4 uboats expansion. A after a short time of game play, new and old saves crash my computer. loading old ones result in immediate crash, new saves, my last one I deployed to the Solomon islands (i think), encountered a convoy, dived, took out a few ships, went to free cam to see last torpedo hit, when I went underwater to view near enemy ship, crashes computer. this is just one example, many similar others where crashing happens after 20-30 min of gameplay. Never installed or tried to use mods on SH4.

But after completely uninstalling everything, including using cc cleaner for registry and deleting sh4 from docs folder, and simply trying to run sh4 without the expansion, I just got the same aformentioned crash after 1+ hr of game play. It happened when i went free cam underwater near enemy ship hull. Game runs very smoothly, until it crashes. constant 60fps on max settings.

im getting ready to put my head through a mirror after uninstalling and reinstalling this (and TWOS but thats a different story. cant click on ok after games synchronized from server ) sooooo many times ive lost track. each time i have to start a new save, play for more then an hour, only to verify if have to start again. which i do

Slight venting: I just want to play sh4 uboats stock, or TWOS. preferably both, but you know at least one working would be like the tops right now

Here's my specs:
i5 4690k oc to 4.6 ghz
win10 64 bit
2x HD6950s crossfired
480gb SSD
8gb RAM
750w
fireblade274 is offline   Reply With Quote