View Single Post
Old 10-24-18, 12:40 PM   #11089
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
The ability is active right away and it will last only while the icon in upper right corner is active (a bit dumb , I know, but that's how it is)...

Same goes for careful radiomen (or to say better "fast telegraphists" :hmm ability and pretty much all others...

SPOILER: "dud" warning in the description is "fake", but don't tell anyone...

But, I have a big dilemma should I leave pre-heat ability available because I really don't like the fact that even steam torpedo will gain range bonus from it. The percentage values are not so high, but again, it still bothers me...

I have already removed torpedo damage related passive and active abilities even though I used quite minuscule bonuses so far . They were too unrealistic honestly.

But, I've added instead new "Speed up those boys Kurt, damn it!" special ability . Depending of his moral/efficiency /restfulness points (call it what ever you like), Kurt will take a whip or silently say "I am doing my best Captain..." without any "No, No" animations...
Haha... i have all wrong on that pre-heat stuff!

First i misunderstood the feature... pre-heat is for increase range, not give greater damage! So in my case, my last torpedo was just as others (but with greater range) and for a 900m shot, very useful...

Then, i waited the end of icon, and the bonus was gone when i fired

Oh well, still learning after all this time

On side note, you can delete this pre-heat stuff if you want. After all those years, it’s the first time i use it, and for what result!