View Single Post
Old 07-06-17, 07:18 PM   #7
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Frankly, when I see a command line way to do things I just figure out what GUI apps to use to accomplish that. Windows also has many core functions which MUST be accessed from a command line. SH4CMS is a command like application. Why? Because it can't be done in a GUI without writing the GUI yourself. With a few lines of text I accomplished what a hundred megabytes of GUI code could not.

Don't dis the command line!

Interestingly, doesn't anybody think it's dishonest to link Android in with computer operating systems? Cell phones ARE NOT computers. No keyboard. You look at the Internet through a toilet paper tube, scanning back and forth on pages just to read the text. I would never consider writing FOTRSU on a cell phone--that would be as ludicrous as writing a novel on one. It might be a quick way to the looney bin, but it is no computer. Android and cell phones are their own monster, separate from the computer world. Considering them together is like watching a football game thinking the players and cheerleaders are interchangeable. They do different things, they are different realms.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote