View Single Post
Old 08-17-11, 08:03 AM   #165
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! View Post
I find that the German guns are far more accurate than the Russian guns.
True but specifically true only for the lower tier tanks.

Quote:
I find the IS a lot of fun to command. It's mobile and has some decent armor for its tier. The gun is appropriate as well, certainly holds its own and then some.
IS has terrific if not the best protection for its tier but don't let the powerful gun fool you. IS gun is not an accurate gun for sniping so IS is best suited as a medium to close range tank.

Quote:
I sold my KV and KV-3 as I just lost interest in playing them. For my play style they are way too slow for me.
Yeah they are slow. But the KV is probably the best tank for its tier. Tier 5 always makes money no matter what. Second you do not need to put the tier 7 gun. If you prefer you can use the tier 5 76mm gun for better accuracy and avoiding the ridiculous and ungainly boxed turret which only adds weight to the tank while adding no enhanced protection, arguably even degrading the KV protection by making the turret an easy target to be hit.

Slowness means every feet you take is a strategic leap than a tactical one. I can go fro and back with my T-44 and T-54 but on the KV I must be wise where I want to go. If you are particularly lazy KV is a convenient tank too. If you choose your trails wisely the KV will not let you down. Even when you happen to be unlucky. Playing tier 5 is so carefree that they are very much enjoyable.

Quote:
I do like to be mobile and yet be able to put down some serious fire power if need be as well, all the while having some decent amount of metal around me to protect my mistakes.
If you like mobility then medium is the line to go. But honestly WoT is a game for heavy tanks mostly because of the map is not that large. Soviet high tier heavies basically almost have the same level of mobility with most mediums. Their turret rotates fast as well so there's no way even for T-44 or T-54 to circle death them.

Last edited by Castout; 08-17-11 at 08:21 AM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote