Gunsilnger
Torpedoman

Location: The Mediterranean, somewhere between Gibraltar and Malta
Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A.M.C's and Merchants use Loch Ewe.

Storonoway has Convoys travelling South towards Londonderry and then go East.

If you are using OHII v2.5 then look at AM38 and AE97.

If you take up a position in front of Loch Ewe but out of Destroyer range at night you should pick something up.

Try also not in the middle of the area above Loch Ewe but to the East.

The channel from Stornoway to Londonderry will also have shipping. The channel is patrolled by a Destroyer further down. No problem if you get your timing right. No need to Dive.

If you have fog then a raid on Stornoway or Loch Ewe will reap some good kills.

There is also a lot of traffic heading from Scapa Flow across the top of Scotland above Stornoway.

A rectangular patrol box ahead of the entrance is also worth considering. Make sure your box is not to wide so whichever side you are on you will not lose a contact from the opposite side you are on.

Below the South Western End Tip of the Arrow.

You need to Patrol for an hour at a time on the surface and just sit for half an hour at 20 - 30 meters below using your Sonar. You need to be patient.

Nothing seems to happen much during the day it all comes to life once the sun goes down.
Good stuff!! As he said, check your hydrophone every hour or so at a depth of 20 to 30 meters. I try not to harbor raid unless it was a port that was raided in real life, like Scapa, but I've had success patrolling just outside of the ports. Give yourself enough room to escape the port patrols if your target radios for help.

Current Realism settings: 84%

My Vessel:
Asus M-pro Z-77
Intel I5 3.4Ghz
Nvidia Gforce 610 1 Gig ram/Overclocked
8 Gig ram.
Gunsilnger is offline   Reply With Quote