View Single Post
Old 05-10-13, 10:23 AM   #49
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I understand that. On the other hand I have a pair of 5770s in crossfire mode that were gifted to me, and I don't mind buying a better card down the road. I just wondered what the differences are, and I still don't know.
The difference between your 5770's and that CPU with the intergrated GPU or a better card?
imo if you go for something better I would stick with stand alone GPU's instead of these CPU/GPU's who's price seems attractive but won't do if you wish to enjoy RoF and other games with everything on full.

Also the two 5770's in crossfire mode is a nice gift, I would suggest if you're building a new system to first try those see how they deal with Over Flanders fields and RoF and if the results are not satisfactory you can always consider getting a better card down the road.

Though regarding Crossfire mode as with Nvidia's SLI that the set up may, may not or give a little performance increase as it depends on the setup and the game that does or does not take benefit from it. For casual gaming it's not really worth the trouble it brings and your better of getting just a single card but a good one.

HunterICX