View Single Post
Old 06-11-09, 01:02 PM   #42
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Hunter View Post
CFS3 does not have HDR and bloom available for use, nor does it feature a water reflection/refraction system, a heat haze effect system (like Empire Total War's, for example), a weather haze effect system (also like ETW's), and a terrain rendering system based off satellite data and Great War records as well as photographs.

This:

Will never be able to compare itself to this:

Well according to the OFF devs, reviewers have been comparing ROF to OFF in terms of gameplay. So, if that's true, one does have something to compare ROF to.
Well looking at the screenshots the ground texture still looks CFS3, just slightly improved. As for the texture of the planes, the paintschemes can be replacated in most combat and none combat flight sims, same with the planes texture. But the HDR,bloom, water reflections and such like wheren't in common use when CFS3 was released. If Microsoft had but a little more money into CFS it would have those. And gameplay, OFF is a payware add-on for CFS3 or did you not read this ," There hasn't been a WW1 combat flight sim that has not been a add-on or mod for an existing combat flight sim." OFF is a add-on for a already existing combat flight sim aka CFS3. I was talking about stand-alone game or a WW1 combat flight sim like First Eagles.
Heres my example for CFS3 ground and plane texture.

And the fact that ROF has only three planes that a player can use, I think I will stick to OFF until there is a ROF Gold version availble.