View Single Post
Old 01-25-13, 08:39 AM   #51
flakmonkey
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafeeverted View Post
I finally got it sorted out and it looks great. Is it possible to get the conning tower open hatch to work. If I apply the CT Open Hatch Test Food Mod it breaks the torpedo room.Do I apply the regular open hatch 309 or are these not compatible? Also, I just found the Blue Interior. Will that work with 2.1?(although it says it will not work with the open hatch mods)
Unfortunatly, no other interior mod is fully compatible with 2.1.

Tweaks to the internal lighting like damo's interior and the blue interior are pretty easy to implement, it just requires changing 2 values for the interior ambient light values (day and night). These are located in the "interiorlight" node within xxxxCR.dat and xxxxCT.dat files in 2.1 and can be changed with s3d. I quite like Damo's atmospheric lighting so for my own install i used his values but with a slightly brighter ct interior.

As for opening the conning tower hatch, right now its not a priority for me, after all i pretty much never look up to realise its even open. But once the aft compartment is finished i will give it some attention.

For those wanting the whole boat including open ct hatch see..
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=198732

This kind of makes my own interiors a little pointless i know (already been done and all that) this is why im pretty much just adding the new rooms for the sake of continuity.