View Single Post
Old 12-07-13, 05:15 PM   #10
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
So how hardcore should we expect this game to be? More than SH3?
The main title "WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic" will try to be as realistically as possible. Not everything will find its way into V1.0 but at least with updates.

Which means:

Where it makes any sense for the game play and always with options to reduce realism.

I will listen to players who find inaccuracies and can provide better data and will try to fix that with updates.

You won't be able to use any existing vent on the boat, this makes no sense. But it makes sense to add things like different realistic battery charging modes, diesel-electric drive, different engine settings on port and starboard. to manually flood the different tanks or at least add a simplification for that etc.

For example one thing which is totally unrealistically is that the same person (the player) who looks through the periscope is also using the Torpedovorhalterechner. But a lot of players love to do that.
In WOTA 100% realism would be similar to the tasks of the commander of the boat. Any extra manually stuff would be counted as >100% realism in the settings. Stuff that's nice to have but not absolutely important. Some people even want to navigate using the stars. Well it's possible to add this, so why not, I just have to learn how that works ;-)

The main goal of the sim will be to simulate being the the skipper. This and the realism of the boat and of the enemy technology and environment (like ASDIC function, different layers of water etc.) is most important to me. Also important is the enemy crew, they will "work in shifts" like in real life, you will never know if the ASDIC operator, watch out etc. on the enemy vessel is a tired n00b or an expert at its best moment…

But as said before, this is about the main title. Don't expect total hard core realism in the Seehund version for example. Any released version before the main title will be used to fund the work on the main title.

Regarding SH3… I would say the realism of it is the standard that a sub sim needs to reach at least. Naturally I will try to make it better and hope that will finally work out.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forumfacebook
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote