View Single Post
Old 12-18-17, 07:06 PM   #36
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

When DVDs first came on the market, I looked forward to seeing LofA on DVD. There used to be a Tower Video store (part of Tower Records) on the Sunset Strip and there was a clerk there who was a big movie buff. After the first films on DVD started t arrive, I looked to see if LofA was among the releases. The clerk and I started a sort of routine: "LofA in yet?" "No, but Police Academy 3 (or some other low-scale film) just arrived..."; it seemed almost every other major and/or important film was being released, along with the dregs, except LofA...

I hope you got the chance to see it in a real theater on a real big screen. The first time I saw it was when it opened in 1962; the father of a classmate of mine was a projectionist at a major theater in downtown San Francisco and he invited me to tag along with his son to see the film; we watched the film form the projection booth (actually saw it twice that day) and I was hooked on the film ever since. The last time I saw it in a theater was a special showing at the Cinerama Dome theater in Hollywood a while back on a really big screen, 32 x 86 feet:

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/learn-more/dome-21

I've also viewed the film many, many times and it never gets old...

<O>