View Single Post
Old 01-23-19, 05:40 AM   #1
coldDynamic
Swabbie

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1
gear [Deck Gun] Sound mod not working or crashing game?

Hello all,

I have been working on a mod for the deck gun sound that replaces the default sound provided by the file "P09_$Gun_muzzle_flash", however when I replace the file the sound either does not play (only playing the very first part of the deck gun sequence, sounds like tapping a tin can before ending) or alternatively crashes the game.

Is file size an issue with a deck gun sound mod replacement? The default "Gun_muzzle_flash" file is 272KB, the new .WAV file I have created blends multiple sounds/voices and comes up at 1.29MB. Does SH3 cap the file size of this sound each time a shot is fired?

Otherwise I thought duration might be a factor. The default sound has a 3 second run time, whereas my new sound runs for 7 seconds (almost the whole reload time for the 88mm gun, as I have put sounds of of the blast, gun breech, empty shell and shouted commands). Perhaps the run time is too long for SH3 to play the sound properly?

Any help or info on why this may be occurring would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
coldDynamic is offline   Reply With Quote