View Single Post
Old 03-06-12, 06:35 PM   #789
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The date: October 7, 1939. I finished Breaking the Fortress and was heading back to port with three fish left, hoping to find a straggler somewhere along the way. I bumped into a Polish freighter with a blue icon. I remembered that I received a message saying that Germany had control over Poland, but that we can still attack their ships, so I lined myself up, sent out a torp, and .. and .. and .. "huh? whuh? Oh, I'm frozen". So, I got into task manager and ended SH5, reloaded it and tried again. I figured maybe it was because I was looking through the scope and that was too much for the system for some reason. No change. Tried it again by lowering the scope and going to the navmap right after releasing the torp. No difference. I began to shiver from all the freezing.

So, after reloading again, I decided to leave this guy alone and go on my merry way. I later bumped into another Polish ship designated by a blue icon. The ship's captain refused to hand over his shipment of kielbasa, so I started hammering him with my deck gun. As soon as he began to sink, the game froze again .

The first ship was a Rongel Small Old Split Freighter. The second one was a Uekel Medium Composite Freighter if that makes a difference.

I encountered a couple of other red icon ships afterwards, and they went to the bottom without any problems. One of them was also a Rongel Small Old Split Freighter, by the way.

Was this game-freeze problem because I fired upon a ship designated with a blue icon or could it be something else?