View Single Post
Old 08-12-07, 05:08 PM   #7
Camaero
The Old Man

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
Yup, that is exactly the same as the version I have. Well worth it as a learning tool if you take flying seriously, good price too I notice!

You get up to speed with that, and it will save you a sh*tload of money when you do your PPL, because the instructor will start explaning stuff, and you can just say: 'yup, know all that, let's go!' He won't believe you, but of course you'll be able to prove otherwise if you study that, and it will make you much better than the average PPL in terms of knowledge, because it's really aimed at an IFR rating that you would go for after the bog standard PPL.

The less time you spend talking about stuff and having it explained to you while paying for flying lessons, the more time you'll spend actually handling the aircraft, and the quicker you'll get to that scary first solo!
I recommend singing to yourself while doing your first solo, it stops you from crapping yourself LOL!

Chock
I will be sure to remember that! Who knows, I might take it further than just a PPL and try to make a career out of flying as well. I am 19 right now and it is a toss up between that and building custom hot rods. By the way, what song would you recommend?