View Single Post
Old 07-15-14, 08:20 AM   #362
CNYBubblehead
Watch

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
1. Try deleting or renaming the Traveller Mod Data\Sea folder before installing. This should fix the crashes.
No joy on this....deleting the folder then loading the mod didn't help. I even tried a method I found earlier in the thread of combining the "Sea" folders from TMO and RSRD into a modfolder and loading it after your mod, but I still get the crash. Not a game-breaker, I suppose, if I can't use the museum, though my concern is a possible crash somewhere out on the water if I run into whatever asset may be causing the issue.

Quote:
2. I included my own version of Longer Sinking Times feature long ago. Bilge Rat's version is no longer needed with Traveller Mod, nor is it compatible.
That's what my feeling was after any mention of it disappeared from your readme, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the clarification!

Quote:
3. I cannnot guarantee it, but you might be able to safely use the 16:9 version of OTC with Traveller Mod without any crashes... but you will lose many features I added, including the custom sub menu bars, SoS return to base feature, sub interior and exterior camera aspect ratios, depth charge camera shake effects, etc.
I'll probably try it out at some point, but since I'm just getting my feet wet again in SH4 (well, I HOPE I don't get my feet wet -- my bosses at Pearl might be a bit upset with me if I got too many holes in their boat! ), and I'm starting off with manual-targeting off...so all the added optical things aren't crucial. Just thought I'd ask -- again, some days I need things spelled out for me!

Thanks a ton for the answers and suggestions! I'll just dive in and enjoy the mod and see where it takes me!
CNYBubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote