View Single Post
Old 05-07-12, 05:41 PM   #1688
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Mist Top has several chests and manequins, and a complete forge, enchanter, shrine of thalos, dragon mask shrine, safe, and several weapons holders, so I do not see what your problem is with lacking functionality. But more than functionality the mod is about mood. It simply is "gemütlich". The isolation adds to that.
Oh absolutely... there's no doubt that visually it's stunning, and the mood there is wonderful. And there are lots of things that are functional, I just don't like having so much other "stuff" that normally would serve a purpose or be movable but that does nothing but clutter things up (albeit in a beautiful way). Lots of bookcases but already books stacked on them that are just for looks, you can't see what they are or pick them up to move them or read them, so they're basically just taking up space. If you wanted to store other actual game books on those shelves, you're out of luck. There was lots of stuff like that. Or maybe it was just a glitch in my installation... I don't know, I reloaded once with it still there and there was no difference. Most of what I ran the crosshairs over was non-interactive.

Plus the inside was just way too small for my tastes. I could never stay there long much less have a follower in there with me, even if I could get one to go there and I suspect it's not properly set up for that at all. Breezehome is too crowded for me, lol, I have a mod that removes the wall/door between the main room and the alchemy lab and I keep using it even though it has some glitches because it's the only one I've found that opens up the space without doing a bunch of other stuff I don't want.

Also when I read about the location, somehow I was hoping it would be closer to High Hrothgar. I need to see if there's something that adds a player home up there, even if it was quite small I wouldn't care that much. Just someplace secluded to hang out when I want to visit there. I can sleep in HH but I'd rather have some digs of my own. Also Ulfric and I will need someplace secluded and romantic to go on our honeymoon.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote