Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuppes
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
...how did you plot the convoy course so precisely that you didn't have to use the AOB finder?
I draw a line between "where it was then" and "where it is now".

Quote:
I'm assuming you just entered 90 degrees AOB (Port) into the TDC because you were coming from a right angle into the convoys course? Is this correct?
Yes that's correct. Of course I set the scope point at zero first, and made sure never to turn the scope without TDC auto update being ON.

That (map plotting) is my preferred method of calculating AOB, and it was IRL too, I understand.

I only use the AOB-Finder on rare occasions e.g. one time a fast moving task force with a carrier unexpectedly appeared in poor visibility heading more-or-less in my direction at high speed. I had to dive immediately to avoid being seen. It was moving far too fast for me to flank so I had one chance to shoot and no map data - that's the kind of occasion when an AOB-Finder really comes in useful.
Thanks for the info!
But since GWX 2.x does't have any contact tails anymore on convoys and single merchants... how do you get the course line so "spot on"?
I mean that one tanker was like 3 clicks away and you still got a perfect hit.
I already said, I drew a line from where the convoy was a few hours before the attack to where it was at the time of the attack. If you mark the position of a convoy and then, several hours later, spot the same convoy again and mark it's new position, then you have two positions. Draw a line from one to the other. What's so hard to get about that? As for the accuracy, if the convoy travelled 100km between the two sightings then your two map markers can be out by a few kilometers each and you'd still have the course (bearing) accurate to within a couple of degrees.