View Single Post
Old 04-29-17, 05:22 AM   #14
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

First: my comment had facetious character, so don't be too serious.

Quote:
If you check Subguru.com, or Subsims archive, most missions are indeed "go and kill" - so I'm uncertain about your problem?
Those missions aren't compatibile with newest RA.
Let's see, missions from last 5 years
- Stewy's Map pack1/2 - no comments
- NLL FONOPS - not for RA
- OHP work up training - and not for RA
- Seawolf work-ups training - and not for RA
- Cripple the Nevada
- OKHOTSK ASW - probably not compatibile
- INVINCIBLE SABOTAGE - probably not compatibile
- St. Petersburg Blockade - probably not compatibile
- all rest are too old

So, here we have only ONE non-training mission and TWO training missions. All missions on Subguru are not compatibile and too old.
All missions upgraded by RA team (in Scenario folder) are very old -all of them i have completed years ago.

Missions from Discord community are in most cases training or "sub-domination" - just bunch of submarines with random locations without any story or interesting task.

Quote:
Crew needs?
Are we playing the same game?
That was joke about Silent Hunter style of "simulation"

About helos:
Quote:
Maybe, I never asked most players why they play what...
However, why is it a problem, assuming that is true?
Dangerous Waters is a sandbox, everyone can play as he pleases, no?
I agree with you, that everyone play what he want. Problem is in MP. Many Helo/MPA players can't play well in dangerous zone - they are shooted down during first 15 minutes. Of course not all of them but too many

Quote:
Well, message received, but I really don't create missions for you personally, I follow my own taste, which so far was a mixture of scenarios and platforms, with one thing in common: All of them are late cold war period, except one (none released anyways, yet).
Your taste is quite similar to my taste but i prefer MP scenarios. For example:
in your mission tracked sub don't make any evasive maneuvers! It is not too wise, because after some time sub is attacked. Human player can detect droped sonobuoys and change depth/speed before you drop first torpedo. Human player can surface own boat and shoot you down! MAD search is much more risky against human player.

If you still prefer play against AI i recommend add some scripts for simulation more smart behaviour. Maybe trigger "approach" with sono detection zone with script "change speed and depth to (...")? I don't really know how to simulate human behavior when "tactic" for AI sub is "transit".

Your mission is very good technicaly and with nice task and story. I also likes Cold War (not only late) era scenarios. Keep up your work

Quote:
I really don't create missions for you personally
I know, but you asked me before:
Quote:
(...) do you have further recommendations for future P3 missions?
... yes, i have recommendations:

I wanna fight

Thx for nice disscussion
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote