View Single Post
Old 04-25-17, 01:47 PM   #3
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
- civilian traffic is to heavy for stormy weather
Sea state in this mission is 5 (maximum from editor). When weather is so bad, most of ships are in safe place like port. Especially very small like this one:

and this one:

In your mission you have 31 civilian ships in the middle of heavy storm.

Quote:
The AI sub sends link-contacts all the time, which I do not want for this scenario, I want the player to be the sole hunter-
I had the Spartan ingame initially, but it caused only problems and I couldn't figure out a workaround that's worth it.
You can give HMS Spartan separate side and add alliance with your side. Allied platforms don't link. It would be fun to detect HMS Spartan instead Yankee

Quote:
- soviet sub starts too far from "last known position".
My target was "SovSub 3. Sub was 10 nmi from edge of circle, so speed for him should be minimum 20 kts (30 minutes and range 10 nmi). But Yankee had speed only 11 kts! Of course we don't know how fast he goes before Orion start but HMS Spartan shouldn't lost track of very noisy (20 kts!) sub like Yankee.

I think better solution is give player quite correct last position of soviet sub but increase time for since contact lost. (Weather is so bad, Orion couldn't start earlier)

Quote:
On purpose. Let's assume HMS Spartan did not had contact long enough to really determine this, or let's assume the soviet sub changes course etc.
Additionally, the briefing does mention the sub is heading for the Denmark Strait, which is due West, roughly.
Sorry i've missing that information.

Like I said before, this scenario is very good and nice for playing.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote