View Single Post
Old 02-25-18, 08:32 AM   #22
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I know that there are "pedagogues" who seriously recommend to not teach any writing (handwriting or letters) at school, but only typing. There are others who teach by the principle of "let them write it how they pronounce it, the correction will come by itself when they are adults". Of course, it never comes. More and more German teachers cannot correctly spell and master grammar themselves. Just 4 weeks ago or so the latest research in elementary schools in Berlin showed that a further decline in writing and math competence has materialised over the last year. Every third kid did not qualify for the recommended skill minimus in its age group. On national level, it is every fifth. Instead, more and more schools now offer Turkish as a madatory language. Sionce twenty years and longer, the low school note abwerages were tried to be pushed upwards by reucing the performance demands. And it shows. Employers and university, both complain bitterl yabiouzt the collapsing educaiton niveau of strianees and students they get. Politicians all the time babble about "equal chances" and "avoiding discrimination" instead.

Its as if at Olympia every starter would get a gold medal, no matter his performance. No loosers, please, everybody needs to be a winner. Solidarity!

A growing number of pedagogues and teachers want that school notes completely get abandoned, in fact certain notes already have been abandoned in Germany already years ago, while single schools in federal states, sometimes even all schools in that state, have abandoned or at least radically reduced whole branches like natural sciences and history. Also, a c,imate of competition should be avoided , even be prohibited. Its politically incorrect to link rewards to performances, and it forsters an anti-social, anti-solidaric climate, they say.

We are breeding and raising more and more pussycats, brought up by increasingly narcissistic helicopter-parents.

The challenges from Asian industry and Islamic ideology can not be survived by this mimosa culture. Its too weak and too impotent.

Myself, I just cannot type. The lesser evil, if you ask me. Just do not let me code software.