View Single Post
Old 04-16-19, 10:20 AM   #29
AKD
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianmarine View Post
so do you prefer only two types of missions? espionage/infiltration and seek and destroy like in Silent Hunter since it is more historically correct?

I love all of the SH versions but I like that the missions here can vary, as shown in the streams, even though it might not be historically correct. UBOAT is not advertised as Sim, so if the devs like their vision, they should follow it. You know Hardcoresim players like us can`t pretend to much otherwise the game will not appeal to more casual players.

If it will be easy to mod I am more than confident that some modders will make it more historically correct, harder and more simbased.
As I pointed out, all the same goals and challenges of the tutorial could be accomplished with an entirely plausible scenario, one that would actually give you more opportunity to learn useful aspects of the game, and open up more varied gameplay, especially in the first months of the war.

Dealing with the difficult and sometimes inconsistent orders from BdU regarding observation of prize rules and risking your crew to board ships is a real challenge consistent with the tone of Das Boot or This War of Mine (I believe the devs have directly compared their game to both).

Diving for treasure or blowing the cook's brains out for burning eggs (with no apparent consequences!) is not. This is not a simulation criticism, but a story-telling criticism.

Last edited by AKD; 04-16-19 at 10:30 AM.
AKD is offline   Reply With Quote