Old 03-25-09, 07:54 AM   #26
martes86
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Invalid points? Well, for starters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
so, if you want to have a measure on your dick with eachother you will have to find another kind of measurement than this one. just because it is ridiculous ...

This is not like a very constructive comment, so you can take it back in, we don't want to see it. :rotfl:

Now,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
i marked out the interessting lines in bold. first, this man was not a everyman whimp, he was what we call a "kriegsberichterstatter", in english, a war correspondent. second, this story is no fiction, it really happend. The man's name you called a everyman whimp was Lothar-Günther Buchheim, and he joint U96 in 1941 as a war correspondent. i read his book, which the movie was made after. Propaganda? For what? Hitler? You must be jokin. It points out so much as a antipropagande for Hitler. Poor Melodrama? What do you think the saving of private ryan or any reasonable movie is? everything else i would call a propagande for making war, no?
RR didn't actually say that the man was a everyman whimp, but that he looked like that. He knows that he's supposed to be a correspondent, but, my guess is that he doesn't think he's very well portrayed... he might be right.

Second, the story IS FICTION. Das Boot is a fictional version of one of the patrols of U96, and so, all characters in the book have fictional names. Buchheim published another book, which name I can't remember right now, but that was the one based on real facts, and included real photos made on patrol. Das Boot is a fiction novel. Of course, having been a correspondent a board the U96, he gathered that experience to make the book look convincing, but it was fiction nevertheless, and the U-Boot veterans didn't like that fiction as they thought it didn't represent the reality of U-Boot men, so they wrote the book entitled "We U-Boot men say: no, it was not like that". I guess you didn't know that.

Of course, I wouldn't go as far as calling it poor melodrama, as I love the movie, but still, RR has a point, which you seemingly don't... at least, even if I don't agree with him, I try to make a solid point of my opinions, instead of talking about dicks' sizes.

And don't worry, nothing ruined here... in fact I'm having fun reading some of the ignorant posts being made by some people that call themselves u-boot fans.
martes86 is offline   Reply With Quote