Not Allowed

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHendrik
Hi!

Greate idea to rework the tool! Do you rely on savegames, too, or do you get your data directly from the memory?

If you need any help, write me a mail and I might be able to add some knowlage.
Which langauge and which version do you use? VB.NET, VB 2005, C#?

Hendrik
SirHendrick:

I use VB 2005 to do my coding. This application also uses the saved game files, since it was easy to access and the information is there. I don't know how to plug into the game directly, though. An intermediate step would be to plug into the binary saved game files, since that is where the real information is - the text ouput files are just that - output files. Some of the info in there isn't updated either, probably because they are just vestiges left over from SH3. In SH3 I'm guessing they were the real saved game files.

I guess you would peek at memory locations, but how would you know where to look? Memory offset?

Bill
Sorry, I don't have VB 2k5 but 2k3 :-( The binary savegames are still unanalyzed, and the text outputs are, as you say, just a leftover. You can proove it, by changing values ==> it doesn't affect the game at all

Peeking memory locations would be a nice way, but it is a dirty hack and requires some OS changes or a loader, to remove the memory protection of windows.
As far, as I found out, SH4 is debugger resitant. So using a loader won't really work.

I'll go on vacation next week, but when I'm back, I'll have a closer look at the binary files. Perhaps I can find out a few things.

Ricky_75 aka SirHendrik
Ricky_75 is offline   Reply With Quote