View Single Post
Old 07-06-17, 09:36 AM   #4885
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That irked me so much... they were flinging the patches out of the door like a monkey does excrement, ruining mod after mod, and then they added a few German vessels, with an incomplete Campaign, called it an Add-On and charged money for it, still laced with little bugs and other weirdness. I don't remember when it was that I bought the v1.5 Add-On, but it was ~years~ (2012??) after it came out.
Yes, me too!! I refused to go there for a long time. But, broke down as more players went to v1.5 and I found my original mods being obsolete with the older versions of the game. I felt I had to keep up with the game.

But here's the kicker, the plan all along was to do what they did!! SH4 was designed to offer the "Nazi's in the Pacific" from the very beginning....for an additional cost to the player! Some marketing accountant convinced them to make the game accordingly......after a year, offer an additionally priced Add-on to bring in extra revenue! The proof is in the game files themselves! The American Pacific Campaign game was "short sheeted" for the idea of pushing out the German side of play already developed from SHIII. And, we bought it like sheep going to slaughter.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote