View Single Post
Old 04-17-24, 08:13 AM   #3166
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You know Rockstar that's a pretty harsh statement. The Ukrainian people are not sitting around waiting for anything, they are fighting and dying for their country by the tens of thousands in an unequal battle against a powerful and cruel invader who wants to steal their homes and enslave their people.

When the USSR fell they ended up with the ultimate trump card against invasion, nuclear weapons. No nuclear armed nation has ever been successfully invaded, but WE promised to protect them if they gave them up in the name of "peace and stability".

Now people like you call them beggars and worse just because they are asking us to partially keep that promise and give them a few pennies worth of old ammo and gear.
Signatories of the The Budapest Memorandum made no such promises to protect anyone. The security assurances simply stated they would refrain from invasion. A lot of good that paper did because Russia basically round filed it.

IMO Ukraine has yet to step up to the plate and fully mobilize, last Ukrainian general to suggest it was fired. And Zelensky wanting us to ‘give’ him thirty 1.1 billion dollar each Patriot missile system is not asking for a pennys worth of old equipment. Nor is the 1.5 billion dollars worth 155 mm artilliary shells currently in production. If they want more than a pennies worth of anything it should lended and repaid in full. But then even IMF has concerns about their ability to repay loans. We’re not a Goodwill store.

Israel has spent billions upon billions in defense over the decades even took loans which they repay to prepare for what Iran threw at them they did not sit around waiting for it to happen then complain about hypocrisy and blaming others for there problems.

therein lies my problem it doesn’t appear to me they have their heart in this.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-17-24 at 08:32 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote