Old 07-15-17, 08:58 AM   #222
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
Hi Gap,

Very useful tool, but I must be doing something wrong as when I enter a new position in Lat and Long, the Locations and Units lat and longs don't calculate correctly eg:-

lat 43 5' 12" N, 3 12' 12" W gives a Location Lat of 0.000.043 and Long of -0.000.003 and a Units Lat of 5.170.400 and Long of -0.384.400.

The position shows correctly on the maps though. Excel 2010.

Any idea what is happening?

Regards,

MLF
Hi MLF, and thank you for taking the time to test my spreadsheet

I think I know what's happening with it: I probably messed up lol
I have put in the formulas some string functions which replace commas (,) with dots (.) as decimal separators. The idea behind that, was enabling users to copy/paste output values from the worksheet directly into SHIII configuration files, without having to correct the decimal mark manually.

My computer is Italian-localized, and my formulas work perfectly on it. I thought they would have worked for other local settings, but obviously they are not. Indeed. the reason for the position still being plotted correctly on map depsite the error, is that the graph uses numerical values, not the strings extracted from those values.

If you tell me what kind of decimal mark you have set in your system, I can try tand fix the problem.

On a side note: while we are waiting for Kendras to be back on duty (), have you or anyone else tested the last version (alpha v5) of the Petite Vieille lighthouse? I am curious to know if, after my latest changes, the metal platform on top of the tower is still in its place (and with the correct texture), and if there are water reflections after I added the appropriate controllers.

P.S: in case you need them urgently, those are the correct values for the coordinates in your example:

Long= -3.203333
Lat= 43.086667

Long= -384399.960000
Lat= 5170400.040000
gap is offline   Reply With Quote