View Single Post
Old 12-12-18, 02:24 PM   #137
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

It was a brutal winter. I refer to Oswald Boelcke's letters to his parents for that information. He is constantly describing fog, rain, and snow.

As for the types, start at the beginning of the thread. I currently have two French pilots - one flying with Escadrille 13 and destined to remain a two-seater pilot forever. That's Noel Kay. In reality the escadrille was flying Farman MF-11s at the time, and would later move to Caudron G.3s and the G.4s. The Farman and Caudron G.3 are not in the game, so I'm flying a Caudron G.4 well over a year before it came out.

My other French pilot, Filimor Hance, is flying a Morane-Saulnier 'L' with Escadrille 26, and will end up as a fighter pilot.

British pilot number 1 is Corrigan Aujla, with Number 3 Squadron RFC, is currently in a BE.2c but will soon be in the Morane 'L'.

My second British pilot, Ries Meismer, with No 4 Squadron, is also in a BE.2c and will remain there until a better two-seater comes along.

Finally I have one German pilot, Odis Först, flying with Feld Flieger Abteilung 13 in an Aviatik B.I. The brothers Wilhelm and Oswald Boelcke were with FFA 13 during this period. I didn't realize that until after I had chosen my squadrons, and didn't plan it that way.

If you read the thread from the beginning you will find quite a few misadventures involving training and the beginning moves of the war, including Corrie Aujla getting separated from his squadron for several weeks and almost captured by the Germans. Despite the lack of flying, and the boredom of routine patrols when I do get into the air, there has been more than a little excitement along the way so far. I'm really becoming attached to all these guys.