View Single Post
Old 11-06-18, 08:55 AM   #9
ThePrody
not dead yet

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly621 View Post
Love the look of this mod and want to try it with NYGM. One question though, M.E.P.S, which I use currently with NYGM, includes additional mods to address the visual sensors and vanishing ship hulls. Are additional mods like these unnecessary with this mod?

Kelly621

The ship vanishing hull in the MEP mod simply changes the Earth Radius from 9 999 999 ( the Earth is a flat disc in the main mod with ships popping up in and out of the view on the horizon) with 2 500 000 ( a very good value for a 20km env mod , in my opinion ) . You can always alter those values in the scene.dat and see how it affects the hull-down effect and if its on your liking , check this guy's observations for how the ships may look irl:
https://civilwartalk.com/threads/hull-down.83791/

This mod has Earth Radius 1 000 000 which might create quite a pronounced hull-down effect, i always use as a reference the destroyer from the 065' in first naval academy mission, the distance from the sub and that destroyer is around 8.5 - 9 km .

@Fifi, yes , i also have that pixelated sea but i thought i can live with it if i can fix the sun , the colors of the mod are great .

Last edited by ThePrody; 11-06-18 at 09:16 AM.
ThePrody is offline   Reply With Quote