Thread: Vive Demo
View Single Post
Old 08-24-16, 11:37 AM   #12
SirKerrald
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I'm solidly convinced that VR is not just a fad. It fundamentally changes the way we interact with with games. It's a very social medium, and we're not going to see this tech limited to gaming. To a degree, light mobile experiences will drive a lot of it in the immediate future, but once the hardware prices move down out fo the enthusiast range we're going to see an explosion of users.

I've been playing a lot of DCS with the Vive, and sure the resolution isn't quite there yet for multiplayer, the experience is good enough that there's no other way I can see myself playing a flight sim ever again. It's such a powerful experience.

Games like The Gallery also make the case for a revival of the adventure game genre - exploration is really something when you're *there*.

The confines of a submarine, where you can interact with systems would really be something else. It's not just about interaction, it's also about bringing history to life. It's no longer "oh look, the screen shook from that depth charge" it's "holy ****, this place is coming apart around me!"
SirKerrald is offline   Reply With Quote