View Single Post
Old 07-19-05, 12:00 AM   #8
THE_ORZEL
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Rubini,

Well, yeah that is what I’ve meant I did this to ease the editing for you guys. The idea of this tutorial here is so that you can recreate the same thing what I’ve done. That way you will be able to have some idea how things work.

If you guys going to clone Tripitz prepare yourself for big replacement and even the possibility of losing your mind but if you do succeed the victory will be sweet.

I think you should practice first on objects less complicated like aircraft and then work your way up. But hey this just my opinion

I’ve made clones of most ships and some aircraft for my mod, but that won’t count as I cheated I used a little simple program I wrote as soon as I figured more or less what was what in dat, zon, sim, dsd, val. I bet that in the near future you will have a nice dat, zon,sim,dsd,val etc. editor and 3D model exporter. I personally reluctantly release tools as they require constant support for which I don’t have time and patience.

However I can offer you my help whenever I can and to share info with you on how to edit or do something. I love to figure things out in fact this is what keeps me busy in mod. Once I figure enough things I move to another project.

SH3 was build on a solid code but it seems it wasn’t entirely finished. There is sign of other possible things in this game like tanks (vehicles) that can move on land more realistic submarines, surface supply ships, supply subs, supply ships and the list goes on. I wonder if the programmers and UBI soft will add these features or perhaps not add but complete them. Well I definitely like SH3 I play it at 1280x1024 using Kegetys DX9res v1.0 and I love it.

I wish the best of hex edit and if you need help try posting on this forum, I will try to help in limited way.

Chris a.k.a. Orzel
THE_ORZEL is offline   Reply With Quote