View Single Post
Old 03-11-07, 04:46 AM   #7
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

I just found that in the FAQ:

2) "Mission File Failed To Load" Error:

"Most users who are experiencing this error are seemingly users who are using non English/US character sets i.e. European or Eastern Countries including Japan.

I suspect that this may temporarily solve this problem:

Select English Language : Navigate via Control Panel, Regional and Language Options and under Regional Options select English (United States) or English (United Kingdom) or English (South Africa).

We have no plans to internationalise OFF at this moment in time so if you are not prepared to change language then OFF will probably not work on your system.

Now that is ridiculous. These guys have spent two years making the best looking terrain, best looking skins ever for a WWI sim. But they are not able to change the two or three lines of code that it takes to change the default language. I also don't get why they constantly forget to include one or two runtime dll's that are required for the OFFManager.

Btw, I have no problem to change the default language, but I am afraid it won't work either. So far OFF always let me down.

I still think this is one of the greatest mods, but I am beginning to lose my patience. It's sad.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote