Thread: Sony
View Single Post
Old 03-05-08, 06:01 PM   #67
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default Partial (but good enough) solution

No credit goes to Sony or Ubi for this. If you download Process Explorer 11, you can just shut down Process Explorer, SecuROM cannot find this version only. If you are actually running Process Explorer when you start SH4UBM, the SH4UBM will then refuse to run. That meets my criteria for a reasonable compromise.

If you want to snoop around, just start SH4UBM and then run Process Explorer. They run simultaneously with no problem. I'm doing it right now. I'll post a screenprint if anybody's curious. Snoop all you want into SH4UBM's running processes. All Process Explorer will let you do is shut them down. Hey, that's what Enditall does and it's not on the blacklist! So much for all the silly rationalizations for why it's in Ubi's interest to ensure you can't run Process Explorer. You can! I've got some high dry land in the Florida Everglades I'd like to sell Ubi. They seem willing to buy any story, no matter how laughable it is. As for me, I was born recently, but not yesterday. I recognize incompetent hypocracy when it bites me in the arse.

Doesn't change my position though. No more Ubi products are purchased by this family until the SecuROM garbage is removed and Ubi realizes that customer is spelled with a capital "C." There are too many companies around that actually value my business and actually like me to tolerate being treated like a criminal. Let 'em try to make money doing business with crooks.

@AVG: that's why I buy CDs. Cheaper per song, no DRM and they're a perfect backup. I'm an album guy from way back anyway. Downloaded music is a loser so far, but there are signs of intelligence almost everywhere but....you guessed it! Sony! Treat customers as you would like to be treated and you sell more product. Treat them with disdain and go deservedly broke.

Now all that money went to Sony for what? To protect who? From who?

Enough of this! I'm off to find the head in my U-Boat!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 03-05-08 at 06:27 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote