Old 10-10-18, 07:47 AM   #6634
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitednate View Post
Hello,

I’m noticing a lot of instances where I can’t hear the sounds of vessels on the sonar. The map says the sound bearing is there but when I go to the sonar itself, there is no sound. This is a bug right?

Ultimate v0.71 has the Stock game parameters for ship units....(well more or less).....which prevents the Hydrophone station to work as intended when attempting to "hear" a target. This long standing issue is indeed a "bug" from the Stock game which has finally been corrected with our next version of Ultimate. Up to now, ships had to travel at a medium/high speed (in relationship to its "MaxSpeed") in order for the Hydrophone to allow a player to "hear" the target....even though the Sonar man would report a Sonar detection and have it shown on the Nav Map.

With the total revamp of ship characteristics, this problem has been eliminated with our next version. Ships traveling at reasonable speeds....from 2 knots to MaxSpeed will be heard with Ultimate.....unlike any other mod, or Stock game.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote