View Single Post
Old 10-19-09, 11:13 PM   #89
Starforce2
Planesman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
There are only two files to a mission. The .mis file and the .tsr file. If you can't open the mission in the mission editor you can open those two files in notepad. But I would suggest you try writing a few missions first so you know what you are reading in the .mis file. Both files are in the SingleMissions or SinglePartols folder inside the folder with the same name as the mission.

Peabody

I am aware of this. However, my question was what files in the install do I check, not what files in the mission. If I were to convert one of these to fall of the rising sun, I'd need to compare the information (ship classes whatever you call them) in the mission files to something else to make sure they are listed the same for this mod.

Ok, you guys still are not understanding my question apparently. ignoring the mission editor for a moment..where in the games file structure do I find the file with the correct type numbers such as:
Name=_JP DD Mutsuki#1
Class=DDMutsuki
Type=4
Which I assume is what changes from mod to mod for a given ship, IE with stock how they changed the yamato and iowa battleship type numbers so the old missions now crash. There's got to be a library in the game directory someplace of these..that's what I'm looking for.

Last edited by Starforce2; 10-19-09 at 11:37 PM.