View Single Post
Old 07-10-16, 09:24 AM   #7
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by scur78 View Post
I'm disappointed - the only way is placing units far away (long distance=late arrival),but it's very primitive method for such complex game.
That is very true. In this case, the HCE feature is much superior to the non-existent function in H3.

Quote:
I noticed other imperfections in editor: minefield can be add only in editor (minesweepers and minelayers can't do it?), enemy bases can't be captured (grief, it could be substitute of dynamic campaign). I am surprised that so extensive and long game-series has so many shortcomings.
Again, the limitation for minefields exist in both HCE and H3. Both games try to simulate mines as 'extremely small submarines' and both games pretty much require them to be created in the Scenario before the start of a game. Both games are pretty crude in their depiction of mines.

Quote:
And, unfortunately, I do not know how run HC editors under Win10
Thank you Herman, I am pleased that you have devoted so much attention to me.
I do not own Win10, so I can only relate what others have told me. There is a Beta release of the HCE Scenario Editor and it is supposedly based on 32-bit, named Wscenedt32, and can be clicked directly in the HUCE/HCE folder, I think.

http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index...les/#entry5090

Personally, I will not run untested (experimental) Beta software. However, you can try it at your own risk! I would not recommend it, though.

Always happy to help all those who ask.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is online   Reply With Quote