View Single Post
Old 12-19-17, 03:34 PM   #9462
shdwp
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post
1) just wait for your watch crew to spot them (they'll notify you in notices window), then go to your radio operator and personaly ask him to report contact.
Hmm, I wonder what the crew quick bar action do in this case...

Quote:
2) Its not possible, Beno always pick one most important contact and follow it some time before he switch to another...
I found that, when you ask him to report his bearing periodically and then ask for position of closest one by the another button, he always report other contact, while he is also still reporting that first one. So this way you can track 2 of them..
I've found out that as well yesterday. Still better than nothing.

Quote:
3) No.
+ Please remember, that all skills of your hydrophone man and watch crew are dependent on their current morale and skills.
It happend to me many times especially at beginning of campaing, my Watch crew officer spot nothing and when i accidentally climbed to the tower, i saw destroyer just few hundreds meters before us...
Happened to me too, not exactly hundreds, but while I'd no problem spotting the smoke at the horizon my crew saw nothing. Maybe that's the effect of night and slightly raised gamma tho. About the morale tho - I should check whether it is possible to disable it or make it easier, since 1. I usually dislike micromanagement like this 2. I have a feeling that I will be a terrible, terrible captain and their morale's gonna plummet trough the floor pretty quickly

Quote:
4) you probably use mod for autotargeting right? TWOS should has no automatic ship targetting. In TWOS you are the camptain and you are responsible to find successfull targetting solution.
By "locking" I meant using the space to show crew dialog to feed TDC the data and keeping it up to date. I clearly remember that it started working again after I've surfaced. It was night at the time, I wonder whether my crew weren't able to spot the target through periscope or something. Maybe it's required to use attack periscope when underwater to target stuff? (It seems that this happens every time I remove target, lower periscope, raise my periscope and try to lock it again. It seems that there's a delay between raising and being able to lock stuff. I guess this is sorted out).

About "autotargeting". I think I've got a basic understanding on how TDC works, but I can hardly see myself successfully using it on non-trivial encounters (like when you have really sharp angle and have to maneuver or chase the target). Is there a compatible mod that would give me the range/speed so I could use it as a backup in such occasions? (I know you can manually enable autoTDC, but that doesn't really work with real navigation sadly).

Last edited by shdwp; 12-19-17 at 08:46 PM.