View Single Post
Old 06-27-18, 12:35 PM   #1591
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Not that I'm aware of, no. The only way you can is perhaps by having a sense of how loud typical merchantmen or fishing boats are and realizing they're actually much closer (re: quieter) than normal because of a different bottom type. However, the ocean bottom only affects how loud things are if the sound speed profile of the mission is bottom-limited, which you can see in the SSP pane of the sonar. If there is a layer, the loudness will always be the same.

You need to approach each ship in order to simulate an attack. If I remember correctly, you need to approach within 4 nmi of each ship but no closer than 2 nmi of each to "attack" them.

I would say no. I tried it on my YouTube channel and I think the fourth mission became unplayable. I was trying to remake the campaign at one point to be more faithful to Sub Command but it's a lot of work and it fell to the wayside. Given how RA is presently tuned, etc, I'm also not sure it's possible to make it that faithful to Sub Command.

Thank you for taking time, giving a detailed answer. What is the name of your YT channel?

I had no luck in finding a way to proceed the mission and abandoned the campaign. Looks like RA is more geared towards the MP folks as there is not much (working) RA SP content and there is probably a high risk that non-RA-exclusive scenarios will cause issues. IŽll return to an unmodded install.
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote