View Single Post
Old 11-14-17, 05:00 PM   #11
jcope
Bosun

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

RFB and RSRDC, along with a couple other mods for usability, was a good combination for me. Trying to get that to work on a new machine at the moment.

Regarding target motion analysis, when playing before I did the math in a spreadsheet to calculate the motion vector of the target given a few "pings" to determine relative direction and distance to target, treating the sub's position at first reading as the origin point.

On another tab I did more math to calculate the best intercept course given a speed (ahead full being the best choice), allowing you stay out of sight, arrive at a distance ahead of the target (typically around 5NM) and off to the side (depending on target speed, how long it takes the target to cover the 5NM while you creep in at 3kts), so you can submerge, line up, and if you've done it right you can even fire blind at a distance you choose that allows time for the torpedos to arm while minimizing the target's opportunity to evade.

It was fun. Sinking tankers and freighters was getting to be pretty routine. I was still trying to figure out a strategy for convoys.
jcope is offline   Reply With Quote