View Single Post
Old 03-01-10, 06:37 PM   #1658
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Not quite, missing panel #1 where the pirates start the whole mess.
They may have started it, but the industry didn't have to respond the way they did. At least there's still a few good DRM free games, though sadly they're on the decrease these days.

Piracy is being used as the excuse, but at the heart of it all is one thing, and that is control. With OSP, they control when, where and how you play the game you paid for. Dress it up however you like, dismiss it, but the fact of the matter is this, we are losing the freedoms we once had. It's only going to get worse, if companies like Ubi believe this form of DRM to be successful, we will see it in all future games.

Hell, I wouldn't mind so much, if they paid for my country's internet to be brought into the 21st century! As it is, it's so damned unreliable that a game with a permanent net requirement is a big risk. If they could guarantee my net would not fail, ever, then fine, but otherwise they can get stuffed.