View Single Post
Old 01-23-09, 02:37 AM   #3
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiß Pinguin
Downloading now. I'm assuming I'll need to uninstall my current version of SH3C?
Step 5 answers your question.

From the installer:
Quote:
!!PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING!!

If you are running SH3 Commander 3.x then you can install this release straight over the top. If you are running an earlier release, then you must uninstall it before installing this release. You do not need to remove any residual files or folders.

Prior to uninstalling your previous release, make sure that you have:

1. removed the SH3 Commander-based mods from Silent Hunter III by pressing the 'Rollback SH3' button in SH3 Commander;

2. backed up any SH3 Commander files that you may have modified, including SH3Cmdr.ini.

If you are running Microsoft Vista it is strongly recommended that you do NOT install SH3 Commander (or Silent Hunter III) to your \Program Files folder, for doing so will invoke Vista's UAC feature which may cause file conflicts or other instabilities.

If you are ready, or if you have no previous release of SH3 Commander installed on your computer, press 'Next' now.
Again, if users follow these steps explicitly, they will have no problems. I provide no such guarantee though to users who add their own element of creativity to the instructions.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote