View Single Post
Old 08-31-09, 04:09 AM   #42
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

What to say, indeed it a real shame it had to end this way - but as the Kpt said there was no real aternative.
We faced an inevitable prospect of it either being - too late or too rushed. Nobody wanted either.
In many ways the bottom line was that GWX 4 was (in hidsight) a bridge too far.
The amount of work needed to re-write the campaign files and the reworking of imported units was a MONSTROUS task.

Another point is that nobody, (including ourselves) wants GWX4 to be competing with SHV in any way.... Im not saying it would or could just that - it is a potential confilct of intreast that would do no favors or justice to anybody.

We're deeply sorry to let down those who were looking forward to the mod
Still, I feel honoured to have been apart of GWX, and to have worked with such a cool bunch of people.

Thanks to all of you here for your understanding and your kind words, It really means a hell of a lot to the team.

I have no doubt that Ubi devs will do a cracking job with SHV, Its got me drooling already
And when it ships in 2010, we can be sure that a tidal wave of talanted modding energy will be surging though these forums. (new and old alike)
There is still much to look forward to gentlemen.

Last edited by JU_88; 08-31-09 at 04:39 AM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote