View Single Post
Old 10-19-17, 05:58 AM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I have GPS off by default, to. Though to ease battery drain, not so much for secuirty concerns. But if I do establish an online connection, the web would know with utmost preicison then where I am, if GPS is on, the web could read out the precise position data. So I only have it on when I need it: both GPS, and internet connections.

I recommend for navigation OsmAnd over Google. Not only doe sit have the far b etter and more updated maps, but it doe snot need online connectivity, can be used via downloaded offline maps and GPS alone. Google Maps does not want to work without online status, even when it is not needed. They want the user to be easily trackable.

GPS alone however is fully passive, I believed I understood!? If it emits no signals, how can it be used to track you?

Its all no impenetratable walls, its about setting up hurdles nd trapwires.

The FISA courts operates outside any countercontrol mechanisms, and below the radar of anyone or anything thta is not the closest circle of the president. Which means they can do what they want, practically. Wich means they are only as responsible as the president thinks he is. Which raises a fundamental principle problem, for it unites legislation, jurisdiction and partly even executive in one and the same hand. These three are not for no reason separated in Western state theory. Considering that the FISA and FISC bodies were created to overview the work of the intelligence services, makes it all even more dangerous. These courts very easily can become part of what they were created to control. To me, their creation always appeared to be more an alibi only and even an indirect strengthening of he intelligence services autonomy (which to huge degrees they de facto have). Lesson of the story: you cannot fight bureaucracy by adding new bureaucracy that should fight bureauracy.