View Single Post
Old 03-09-19, 12:55 AM   #12
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack345 View Post
Wow, this looks very interesting! I will definitely be keeping an eye on it.
I've been having an itch for a modern Surface Naval Warfare game and it looks like this will scratch it!
Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more.
Thanks! I have been wanting this for a long time as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaop99 View Post
Something similar to CMANO and Jane's Fleet Command will be well received! With 3D view like the last one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
this screens looks similar to CW so i have some questions:

1. Can you write main differences your game and Cold Waters?

2. Screens shows in right bottom part of display "tactical window" with few buttons. Is in Full mode you will see additional stations like active/passive sonar, towed array, radar, ESM/ECM, damages etc?

3 what is purpose of an adjustable "world scale" slider that modifies the range of all weapons and sensors

4. How you imagine time compression in MP mode?

5. Will you make "link" for information exchange between warships in battlegroup and other forces like AWACS, naval ELINT airplanes, MPA, submarines and land radar stations?
1. I'd say apart from being in the genre of naval games, there's more differences than similarities. One is a singleplayer sub sim where you control a single platform. Blue Water is one where you control a group of ships, with equal attention to subsurface and air assets, with a focus on surface ships (ie battlegroups) and some land installations as well that interact heavily with naval units - such as airbases and SAM sites.

2. Those aren't stations, those are orders you can issue to the ship. Normally an RTS only has to deal with a few commands to send to units, so I had to get creative in coming up with a way to deal with much more complicated affairs like enabling/disabling active sensors, managing a hangar, engaging orders with different weapons with programmable things like waypoints, etc., and decided, "why not keep it thematically appropriate?"

There's a number of UI elements still missing, though.

3. To be able to switch from a more arcadey playstyle that happens on short time scales, to one that might take a lot longer. It serves a similar purpose to time compression.

4. Currently looking at going on the slowest requested speed, but open to community suggestions.

5. It'd be a neat feature, but would be a bit more advanced to implement than necessary. If the game's received well and there are greater resources available, then perhaps it's something that could be added further down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulikate View Post
Amazing news! May the most favorable winds blow you through developing the game... although we're probably talking engines, not sails, on this one
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramba View Post
Sounds like a very intresting project.

What game engine are you using and how big is the development team?

I grew up with DC and FC and would fully support such a game.
The Unity game engine, and as of the moment, the team is closer to the size of Killerfish Games than a larger studio. Namely, a programmer looking for contracts with artists. I have to give a shoutout of thanks to them for their work proving that a small indie team can make a quality product.
AzureSkies is offline   Reply With Quote